Today is a brand new day! Another opportunity to start fresh. Before I start my day, I awake with prayers and reading both inspirational and from the Bible. Today, I had a great sense of relief on the thoughts that it is OK to let go and walk away. It is always hard for a majority of people to “let go” of relationships, friendships, careers, material things etc. As, I am trying to figure our my path in our “New Existence” I realize that some of the routines of what was is a big relief to walk away from.
- Working for someone else or a company that doesn’t really respect all of your talents with the deserved financial rewards. I worked in Sales in an Industry that you given a Million Dollar per quarter sales goal for “some one else / company” and receive a bonus check of a fraction of that and I mean a very low fraction. If I could do this successfully for a company – I could do this for myself and not be subject to hours and days away from my Family.
- Friends or what you wished and hoped to be friends but when you take some time away you realize that true friendship does not go hand in hand with negativity, bashing others and competition….I am happy to run away from them and focus on my true friendships and family.
- I truly believe that more entrepreneurs are going to be born out of this situation and work from home opportunities. Studies are in that we as a people have been just as or more productive working from the comfort of our homes and spending more time with our families.
- Stronger Families – although at times you may find yourself thinking “I have spent more time with Family to hold me over for a few years”. I get so much pleasure seeing my neighbors on a random weekday having picnics on the front lawn, neighborhood ride thru birthday parties and graduations. Yep, we are the neighborhood crew that decorate our cars to celebrate 8 year old birthdays and our graduating seniors. I have actually meet more neighbors and had enjoyable “social distance” conversations from the lawns….by the way, I have been in my neighborhood almost 2 years and while working so much did not know anyone by name. I also LOVE my husband more and more each day…it is hard to explain but with me working so much, I must admit, I did not come home daily and cook, do his laundry and all the small things that our Mothers did for our Dads. Now do not get me wrong..I am that modern, college educated, six-figure making Woman and proud of it. But, I also remember as a little girl, my Mother would come home each and every day to prepare my Daddy’s dinner, pack his lunch for the following day, and just took care of my Daddy and her seven kids….yes! I said seven, I a come from a big Southern Family. I love that my husband did not even flinch when I told him I was laid off due to Covid-19 and not sure when I would go back to work. I am very grateful for him and for this – he deserves to be taken care of.
- Material items – I realize that I do not need another article of clothing or makeup, to be very honest, in my quest to organize and purge I am somewhat embarrassed that I have so many clothes, of course, I chalk it up to being in Sales and always entertaining clients and traveling for work….I have an excuse for my online shopping. I have not had on a pair of heels since March and for some reason my Senior Sales wardrobe is now comfy work out clothes (to be more specific – I have a set of 4 comfy selections that I really love and will turn the washing machine on to just wear my favorites). We eat-in and make some creative meals that we sit at the dinner table and enjoy “together” actually having conversations with each other. My husband is still working as an Engineer and within a few months without our travel (which I miss so much we had to reluctantly walk away from our Hawaii trip among others this year) and not eating out – we may just pay our house off in another 1 – 2 years. WHAT!!!??? THAT IS INSANE that we spend that much money.
- Compassion – my prayer is America and all other nations have compassion for all of the Mothers, Fathers, Grandparents, brothers, sisters and children that we have had to say a distant good-bye to due to Covid-19. To the many families that are facing hardship due to the lost of wages, the parents that are working so hard to home school their children with no to little guidance. I hope that we empathize and help our fellow man more.
Letting go can be scary but sometimes necessary.